NASG is working to:
- Improve NHS allergy services
- Improve GPs’ knowledge and awareness of allergy
- This will improve patient care and reduce unnecessary NHS costs in ongoing allergic disease which should have been controlled or prevented
- Improve local commissioning so all allergy patients have access to a local service
- Improve allergy services in hospitals. with more consultants in adult and paediatric allergy
- Increase the number of specialist allergy clinics, able to treat all types of allergic disease including the more severe and difficult. and offer immunotherapy treatment
- Create more posts to train more doctors to become allergy specialists
The National Allergy Strategy Group (NASG) is an alliance of the professional organisation BSACI (BritishSociety of Allergy and Clinical Immunology), the patient charities, Allergy UK and the Anaphylaxis Campaign and industry partners. Since its formation in 2001, the NASG has worked, with others, to highlight the need for allergy services; the inadequate care available for allergy patients at all levels in the NHS and to improve NHS allergy services.
The NASG provides the secretariat to the All Party Parliamentary Group for Allergy co-chaired by Jon Cruddas MP.
For the register of the group please follow link: http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm/cmallparty/memi01.htm