About Us - NASG is working to:
- Improve NHS allergy services.
- Improve allergy services in hospitals. This requires:
- More consultants in adult and paediatric allergy
- More specialist allergy clinics, able to treat all types of allergic disease including the more severe and difficult.
- More posts to train more doctors to become allergy specialists.
- Improve GPs’ knowledge and awareness of allergy
- This will improve patient care and reduce unnecessary NHS costs in ongoing allergic disease which should have been controlled or prevented.
The National Allergy Strategy Group (NASG) is an alliance of the professional organisation BSACI (British Society for Allergy and Clinical Immunology), the patient charities, Allergy UK (AUK), The Anaphylaxis Campaign (TAC) and the Allergy Alliance (AA) and industry partners. Since its formation in 2001, the NASG has worked, with others, to highlight the need for allergy services; the inadequate care available for allergy patients at all levels in the NHS and to improve NHS allergy services.
The NASG provides the secretariat to the All Party Parliamentary Group for Allergy co-chaired by Jon Cruddas MP and Jo Swinson MP. For the register of the group please follow link http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm/cmallparty/memi01.htm